Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Twitter can make us look like Twits

I know, like and have a lot of time for Dave Wright. He and I were local councillors on Telford & Wrekin Council back in the late 1990s - he is decent, hard working and committed. His recent Twitter comment (which he has stated was tampered with by an unknown hacker) has caused a good deal of fuss. I personally believe that calling your opponents names simply reaffirms the views of the general public that politicians are over-grown school children. On this note I have to declare that - with some justification I feel - I have not been averse in the past to a bit of name calling as I once, on this blog, described the Tory MP for Shrewsbury as a gutless coward!

David has, quite rightly, apologised and I hope now we, he and the public in general can get back to debating and discussing real issues.

No comments: