Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why I believe Andy Burnham should apologise

I think Andy Burnham is a likeable guy and an able Culture Secretary. He is the product of the comprehensive system (always a plus in my book) and is someone who comes across as a fully paid up member of the human race. So what on earth was he thinking when he made his remarks about 'heart-melting phone calls' between David Davis and Shami Chakabrati in his interview with Progress? Such remarks do not help inform the debate surrounding civil liberties, do not help Labour and will most certainly not help Andy Burnham long term career in politics.

The sooner Andy Burnham issues a full, written apology the better.

1 comment:

jmb said...

HI Mike,
I am just contacting everyone to ask them to reconfirm, or not, their membership in Blogpower. If you could email me at nobodyimportantATshawDOTca I would appreciate it.
jmb