Saturday, October 13, 2007

New poll in marginal seats puts Labour ahead!

UK Polling Report has the details of a fascinating poll carried out by Crosby Textor Pepper (the company of the Conservatives’ 2005 election guru Lynton Crosby) in 112 Conservative target seats they need to win to gain an overall majority. The poll was carried out between September 27th and the October 7th (therefore straddling the Tory party conference)

The results of the poll are as follows:

LAB 40%(+4)
CON 35%(-1)
LDEM 16%(-5)

If the poll is accurate then it shows that the Tories would not have gained any seats from Labour at all.

Polls, polls and more polls, you can't live with them and you can't live ...

3 comments:

mutleythedog said...

Crosby Textor Pepper are a 70s super group, who would trust them to do polls? I expect they were 'high' on drugs...

mutleythedog said...

I saw this and thought of you....

"Gordon Brown suffered a fresh blow as a poll showed the Tories have established a seven-point lead over Labour as their support reached a 15-year high.


The ICM survey for The Sunday Telegraph suggests that David Cameron is now in a position to secure a Commons majority in a general election.

The poll, putting the Tories on 43% and Labour on 36%, follows a torrid fortnight for the Prime Minister which has seen remarkable reversals in the fortunes of both main parties"

Mike Ion said...

mutley

Thank you for updating me on the origins of Crosby thingy and whatsit - I thought I'd heard of them before. It was also very kind of you to think about me and drop me a line letting me know about the OCM poll - that really cheered me up.