Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Twigg for West Derby


The shortlist for West Derby is out and I am delighted that Stephen Twigg is on it. Indeed I hear that Stephen has the backing of several of the branches and a few of the various affiliates.

I used to live in the West Derby constituency (early 1980s) and still have family in the area. Bob Wareing is a decent enough man but he lost the trigger ballot and at 76 and after 24 years in the Commons I think (and I know many in the CLP think) that it is time for a change.

Stephen Twigg is a thoughtful, hardworking and gifted politician. He is bright, able and had a very good track record as a Minister - he would be an asset to the PLP. I have no doubt that others on the shortlist are also very able but if I were still in the CLP I would be voting for Twigg.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

"Indeed I hear that Stephen has the backing of several of the branches "

I think he won the open nomination in 3 out 5 ward branches

Mike Ion said...

That's what I heard. I think it will end up being a straight fight between Stephen and Roz Gladden

Andrea said...

Twigg and Gladden for the victory with Wareing in third place and then the rest?

Anonymous said...

Same old recycled Labour MP