Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Vote Benn and listen carefully to Cruddas

I have long declared my support for Hilary Benn - for me he is someone who embodies the core values of our movement and will help the party to reconnect with its grassroots support.

However, having met and listened to Jon Cruddas I am of the view that not only does he talk a good game he is also someone who can help us move forward as a party and really begin to address some of the core issues around party reform and structure.

I urge you to listen carefully to what Jon has to say - whatever the outcome of the deputy leadership contest he is, I hope and trust, someone who will be around to help shape the future direction of our party and our nation.

1 comment:

Anna said...

As a Cruddas fan I am delighted by your analysis. I hope he will gain your sencond preference.